Hi there and a very warm welcome to Season 5 Episode 17 of People Soup – it’s Ross McIntosh here.
Kevin is a Senior Lecturer and the Programme Director for the MSc in Organizational Psychology at Birkbeck, University of London. If you haven't listened to Part One you can catch it here He's also the Executive Officer, European Academy of Occupational Health Psychology. In part two of our chat we focus on Kevin's research and his thoughts on how workplaces are designed, organised and managed, what's known as the psychosocial context or the psychosocial working conditions - and what we're really trying to develop is a healthy workplace.. Such is Kevin's generosity in sharing his thoughts that this whole episode is like a takeaway banquet. To hear Kevin speak is really thought provoking and you'll hear him talk about his consulting approach, the workplace themes he's noticing, how organisations can sometimes see well-being as a tick box exercise and his simple recommendations for a step by step approach to organisational health.
People Soup is an award winning podcast where we share evidence based behavioural science, in a way that’s practical, accessible and fun. We're all about Unlocking Workplace Potential with expert perspectives from Contextual Behavioural Science.
Another first for Season 5 is that I'm adding a transcript, wherever possible. There is a caveat - this transcript is largely generated by Artificial Intelligence, I have corrected many errors but I won't have captured them all! You can also find the shownotes by clicking on notes, keep scrolling for all the useful links.
- Listen to Ross guesting on the Sh*t, Shower & Self-Care Podcast with the fabulous Steve Jones
- Workbook for Tackling work-related stress using the Management Standards approach - HSE
- Avicii - The Nights
- Follow Kevin on Twitter
- What are the Management Standards? - Stress - HSE
- Learning from the COVID-19 pandemic – approaches to support employee health and wellbeing
- IGLOO: An integrated framework for sustainable return to work in workers with common mental disorders
- Dr Kevin Teoh — Birkbeck, University of London
- The Igloo Model - Supporting sustainable return to work | Birkbeck Research Blog
Read about our Chisi Awards from #365daysofcompassion for Best Podcast
Leave a review as a WhatsApp voicenote on +00447771 851118
Our Podcast Website on CAPTIVATE
People Soup on Twitter
Ross on Twitter
People Soup on Instagram which also features plenty of Ross' photos of the Andalusian life
People Soup Page on Facebook
And you can connect with Ross on LinkedIn